VisSim/UDP lets you read and write standard UDP internet packets from the VisSim block diagram via UDP read/write blocks. VisSim/UDP lets you determine the packet layout by allowing you to specify the byte offset and datatype of each element. You can choose 8-, 16-, or 32-bit signed and unsigned integer; 4- and 8-byte floats; and 16- or 32-bit scaled integers. You can use VisSim/UDP for remote sensing, data exchange or remote control. You can easily log data, plot, strip chart or run a virtual plant or controller for model based development. To exchange UDP data with VisSim, you must have an internet connection, either wired or wireless. Then just insert and graphically connect UDP Read and/or UDP Write blocks into a diagram and click the Go button. You can transmit and receive from any number of different IP addresses in a single diagram. The UDP Read and UDP Write blocks let you read data from and write data to UDP ports. Data types and byte offset within the data packet can be quickly modified through the dialog boxes for these blocks.
I highly recommend this software.
- Low cost - uses existing ethernet ports on PC
- Easy to use
- Installs in seconds
- User selection of up to 256 offsets into the data packet brought out to block pins
- User-set packet data length
- Exchange data between VisSim and any ethernet device
- Data types include signed and unsigned 1, 2, and 4 bytes integers, 4 and 8 byte floats
- Display data exchange status
- Connect to multiple IP addresses and UDP ports
- Receive pin indicates receipt of message
- Transmit enable pin controls transmit timing