VisSim/OptimizePRO calculates the optimal values for design variables subject to user-defined constraints starting from initial user guess values. For example, you can automatically calculate optimal PID controller gains that give minimal time to setpoint, plus minimal overshoot. VisSim/OptimizePRO allows user-specified cost functions that can consider controller behavior, such as steady-state error, overshoot, and rise and settling times.
VisSim/OptimizePRO works with a physical system when used with VisSim/Real-TimePRO and VisSim/Embedded Controls Developer.
- Constrained optimization
- General linear and nonlinear optimization
- Minimum or maximum of the objective
- Multi-nonlinear constraint optimization
- Optimizes systems with no constraints
- Optimizes systems with upper and lower bounds on the "parameter unknown" design variables
- Problem set-up through interactive dialog boxes
- Reporting of optimization progress and diagnostics