VisSim/OPC is an OPC client add-on to VisSim. Based on proven Kepware OPC client technology, VisSim/OPC allows VisSim to connect to any OPC server, including all Kepware servers. Using VisSim/OPC, you can easily log data or run a virtual plant in VisSim for off-line tuning or operator training.
Just Click, Wire, and Go
To exchange data between VisSim and any OPC server, you simply wire OPC Read and OPC Write blocks into a diagram and then click the Go button. The OPC Read and OPC Write blocks let you read data from and write data to an OPC server. Update rates and data exchange modes are easily specified. You can also edit item names (including data types and initial value), time bias, percent deadband, and language ID. You use the OPC Server block to establish a connection with the OPC server. You can create connections to as many OPC servers as you require.
VisSim/OPC works with popular PLC/DCS equipment from companies including Honeywell, Emerson Process, Siemens, and Allen Bradley.
- Automatically invoke OPC server
- Monitor data exchange with OPC server
- Automatically re-establish broken links
- Browse tags
- Add by name
- Import lists
- Dynamic error checking
- Support of 1.0a and 2.0 data access interfaces
- Exchange data between VisSim and any OPC server
- Synchronous or asynchronous data exchange
- Display data exchange status
- Automatically activate or deactivate
- Connect to multiple OPC servers
- Populate OPC blocks using item lists
- Viewable list of errors and events